Men and Women
Hi everyone,
I wasn't sure what to write about, today, and then I read your wonderful comments and I got an idea.
Hiromi wrote this:
"women and men are really equal in Canada. When I did a barbecue with my host family and their friends, men got drink for women."
Also, Carol wrote in her diary that she thought maybe it was easier for women to find happiness, because women appreciate the simple things in life more than men.
I think that the relationship between men and women in society is an interesting topic.
Have you noticed anything different in Canada about the way men and women act? Are the roles of men and women different here than in your country?
In your country, do you think men and women are equal? Do you think that there is fairness in the relationships between men and women (at work, in the home, in politics, etc.).
This is something to think about over the weekend. If you have any ideas, write them down.
Have a great weekend!
I wasn't sure what to write about, today, and then I read your wonderful comments and I got an idea.
Hiromi wrote this:
"women and men are really equal in Canada. When I did a barbecue with my host family and their friends, men got drink for women."
Also, Carol wrote in her diary that she thought maybe it was easier for women to find happiness, because women appreciate the simple things in life more than men.
I think that the relationship between men and women in society is an interesting topic.
Have you noticed anything different in Canada about the way men and women act? Are the roles of men and women different here than in your country?
In your country, do you think men and women are equal? Do you think that there is fairness in the relationships between men and women (at work, in the home, in politics, etc.).
This is something to think about over the weekend. If you have any ideas, write them down.
Have a great weekend!

15 Comments:
Japan is not equal about man&woman. However, some young people are equal about work, home whatever...I think sometimes equal is good, but sometimes equal is bad. I don't know what is good way, but I think evryone has to think about each other...that is good way in my opinion.
Akiko Fujiwara
In my young days women should have stayed home after marrige to do house work and look after their children while their husband worked outside. To follow such common sense I stayed home all day.
Since my marriage I have lived in a remote area from my hometown, I felt sad to do all things without any aid from my relatives and also mother-in-law. Those days I had no driver license and get on a bus coming around irregular, that is every 2 hours in daytime. My husband worked far away from this city and he couldn't help to look after our son, especially he was sick. I think companies should encourage employees to take leave easily. That's the why a couple to solve the problem about their household. Fumiko
I think that the roles of men and women have changed a lot in the last two generations. In my grandparents generation, everything was very clear. Men worked for money, and women stayed home and worked in the home.
Now, it's very different. In most couples, both people work for money, and both people also work at home.
What I think is maybe not so good, is that this new way of doing things doesn't leave much tiime for looking after children. Sometimes the child goes to daycare (like school for very young children) at a very young age, because both parents have to work. I'm not sure that this is the best way. But maybe there is no choice, because everything is very expensive nowadays.
I wonder if it is the same in Japan. Are there very big changes with the newer generation?
--Pablo
I think man and woman are not equel in Japan. Why am I thinking so, because the companies don't look man and woman equality. Also, woman is weaker position than Japanies company. I think, man and woman should equal in the company. I think woman is not weak, woman can work alike man.
Japanies conpanies are changing to equal each other now, but still now there are not equal. so I think, man and woman should equal each other.
I think Men and women in Japan are not equal but It is not everthing.Though I look like that Canada is equal. However I don't know why it is equal.
Teppei Kunita
In our tradition stereotype, we often regard man as stronger as woman. Therefore, they have to shoulder the responsibility of taking care the family and economic pressure of the household. However, nowdays since there are more and more single mother, woman has to become stronger and more independent than before. In morden society because woman receive equal education as man, woman has more knowledge and thinking than before. So I think woman and man should be equal, not only in education, but also in the same level of society status. ( Carol)
I think that men in Canada help his wife. Because,my host father always help my host mother.For example,he always cooks,and cleans.So I think this relationship is very good.I want to get a husband like he.
Emi Sasada
I think that men and women are almost equal in Japan. But in Canada, the relationship is more equal than Japan. For example, my host father make brunch and dinner on every Sunday. Besides, he clean the house. My father also sometimes cook or help my mother. Some Japanese men cook or clean, but not many. On the other hand, almost Canadian men can cook or help his wife. It is a reason why it is comfortable to live in Canada.
Hiromi Sato
I think men and women are equal in Canada because I saw many equal opportunities in my daily life. For example, there are many women bus driver. In Japan, it is unusual. In many occupations, it is decided that men/women should be. But Canada is not, so it is very interesting. In other case, there is a complete equality of housework in my host family. I think it is case by case, but it is more penetrate in Canada than Japan. So I admire the relationship of men and women in Canada.
Rie Maeda
In Canada my host father and mother are almost equal because both cook, do cleaning and even remodel their house. But In Japan my father only works and does something with strong and my mother cooks, does cleaning and so on. So father doesn't cook and do cleaning in my house. But recently young couple in Japan are becoming equal I think. So boys can cook and girls can work. So I'm looking foward to see Japanese women and men from now.
Emiko
Hello. I'm Junichi. I think men and women have to be equal. Nowadays most couples do every chores toghether. My homestay family, for example, came from Arab country. At first I thought their country's customes are very strict for their religion. Women shouldn't work some plases. They must stay home during the day for her families chores. However I had to change my ider because they are very corporatve here. The situation is almost the same as Japan and Canada. It's a very good idea, don't you think so?
I do not think men and women are equal in Japan because I think there was a thought that men were greater than women many many years ago in Japan.Besides, there are few thoughts of "Ladies first" in Japan.
But in Canada, I think men and women are equal.
So I think that it is easier for women to live in Canada.
Emi Sakoda
In Taiwan,a lot of family still have a old think.If I am boy,I have to strong and dont be shy.If I married I have to work outside.If I am gril,I can be shy or feel anything sad I can cry.
then I married I must cook for my
child and housbund,and dont work
really.it's culture in Taiwan.But it's not really now.Because some women can do her job.Men can cooking.So it's not always Men
be men,women be women!!
~BENNY WANG~@@
I think men and women are not equal in Japan. Now,a lot of women are working after marriage. But,women usually makes everyday meal for her family.I think that is not equal.Both of them are tired after working,but men usually don't do any houswork.
Yuki Yanaga
I think Men and Women are equal in JAPAN and CANADA.my hostfather does homeworks.He washes dishes and sometime he cooks.My father also does such a things sometimes.So,I think Men and Women sre equal in both of countries.
I have not ever felt Men and Women are equal in Japan.But it is the good thing,I think.
(TAKAHIRO SHIBATA)
Post a Comment
<< Home